Monday, March 29, 2010

Three a day.

I am over long runs. I am over training for marathons. In opposition of complaint, I am going to try something new. Three a days. Pretty much three small work outs that add up. Anyone tried this?

Here is my eight week plan:

Week 1-2: 20 minutes/day, 3x day, 7 days/week
Week 3-4: 30 minutes/ day, 3x day, 7 days/week
Week 5-6: 45 minutes/day, 3x day, 7 days/week
Week 7-8: 60 minutes/day, 3x day, 7 days/week

The way I envision this working is an eight week program that starts again at week one. Doing two running work outs (one before anyone in my house is awake, one during lunch) the third work out being strength, speed, family. I think this will break up my frustration and get me excited.

I know weeks five through eight seem a little brutal, but it is not that different than incorporating fifteen to twenty three miles into ones schedule. I think.

Also, I need to tell you about eliminating cow's milk from my diet. Three weeks...two inches off my waist (w jumping rope and sprints) and two inches off my hips (mind you, this is not my trouble spot....mine is waist and upper back).

So, here we go in an effort to add variety.

Has anyone does this? Does it work for endurance and I would certainly think that it works for speed, etc.

Excited. And really, what more can one ask for than a little excitement?

6 comments:

  1. I understand. Training does start to feel like a second job. I'm not sure I could muster motivation 3x a day. Good luck. Anything to get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever works! I'll be interested to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milk doesn't do your body any good. Good on you for getting off of it! The benefits already are evident! Woo hoo. Good luck with your training. Did you read Born to Run yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing. You always inspire me to be a better person. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay........you are a ROCKSTAR!!!! YES YOU ARE!!!! CAN I BE YOU???? PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are good!!! Call us tomorrow if you can! Jake and Livey are home...no school.....7207331166 CALLLL

    ReplyDelete