Thursday, October 8, 2009

When I run, I have a cloud clearing effect. When I run marathons, I feel like I can master the world problems from the thoughts that I have on the road. Anyone that runs will agree that there is something so freeing about placing one foot in front of the other. Over and over and over again.

I also become very emotional. This is something that I do not understand. I traditionally do not listen to music for the first half of a marathon. It gives me something to look forward to on the second half, and during the second half when I feel like I can not go any further the music makes it easier. It is a distraction from the torture I am putting my body through.

I am known to sing and dance down the path towards the finish line if I really like a good song. I am also known to be sobbing as I am running too.

The funny thing is, I just don't care.

The people around me, think it is cool.

What are the odds? There is a certain camaraderie among runners. Something that is so sadistic about our souls that binds us together and makes us understand and not judge one another.

I think there also becomes a point where you are so exhausted that you just don't care.

There are many reasons that I run, this is certainly one of them.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. If I have a problem or I'm dealing with something difficult in my life I go run and it just totally clears my head. I love running when there is something heavy on my mind, I usaully end up losing track of time and distance and just focus on my thoughts. On days that I don't have anything to think about I just jam out to the music. :)

    ReplyDelete