Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cowtown mornings.

I am sitting here listening to my coffee brew and trying to chug down another twenty some odd ounces of water. Under normal circumstances I am a hydration freak, but for some reason when I really need to, or the pressure is on, I can not for the life of me get enough water into my body. Go figure.

Yes, the coffee may assist in dehydrating me further.

But, it will make me run faster.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

I can not tell you how relieved I am that there is a seven hour time limit and the weather looks to be a very nice mid seventies high. I choked down some glucosamine tablets (Melaleuca Replenex to be exact, which are the stinking BEST) and I am about to get up and consume some sort of bar.

I really loathe eating prior to running. Does anyone else out there feel this way? I just don't see any other viable solution when facing 26.2.

Have a good day, and I will let you know what my glorious finish time is later today. Much later I hypothesize.

1 comment:

  1. I hate eating before a run too, it always makes my stomach hurt. I usually eat some diced peaches or a banana and a glass of water before a race but I've only ever done 5K so I'm sure when you run 26 miles you have to eat something more.

    ReplyDelete