Monday, December 7, 2009

CIM pity party.

I was supposed to run CIM yesterday. It was recommended that I sit it out...and I did. I ran a total of sixteen miles this weekend and I feel really strong.

As I sit here this morning and read others CIM updates, I can't help but feel a little angry. Angry that I don't have that post marathon I can't move afterglow. Angry that I am either going to have a month that is going to kill me or I will be more than a month off in finishing my goal.

But thankful that I am seeing my orthopedist again on 12.31 (Happy New Year's!) and that my body is feeling stronger. I am running faster and with more conviction. So for that I am thankful.

But I still am having a pity party.

3 comments:

  1. What a BUMMER!! Injuries are no fun...but the fact that your body can perform and RUN is pretty amazing regardless of if you meet your lofty goal or not.. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pitty parties are okay. Even though it sucks, you're doing your body a favor by resting it for awhile. And once again I tell you this and need to take my own damn advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks but you have to rest up and heal. Take your time and don't worry, you'll get back on track. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete